Closing date: February 28th, 2019 Start of the mission: ASAP
*If a potential candidate meets the requirements, closing date could be shortened.
|Name of the organization:||MiPequeñaAyuda – MySmallHelp Peru|
|Job location:||Ollantaytambo, Cusco, Peru|
|Reports to:||Director / Project Coordinator|
|Schedule:||Full time position|
|Salary:||According to the local market|
|Organization´s overview and mission:||MiPequeñaAyuda – MySmallHelp Peru is a non-profit organization founded on 2011. Our mission is to support children and young adults with disabilities or low economic resources in the Cusco region by providing them access to basic education, health care and skills training as well as developing medium and long-term sustainable projects to improve their chances to having a brighter future.|
We are currently looking for an English Teacher to be in charge of our English Classes and to provide support in the different educational projects of the organization.
- Preparation of the annual syllabus for all classes and their periodically review it.
- Teach basic English to students in elementary level, in two rural schools.
- Teach basic English in Ollantaytambo, to children and young adults.
- Design and prepare the materials for all the classes and activities.
- Responsible for the logistics, the purchases of the material needed, and the appropriate care of the equipments.
- Prepare the periodical evaluations the students.
- Coordinate with the MSH volunteers and guide them when supporting the English classes.
- Coordinate with the school’s teachers and directors regarding the development of the students and everything related to the performances of the classes.
- Support other activities of the organization including the ones with the MSH beneficiaries, related to education.
- Provide periodical reports on all the tasks and responsibilities assigned, to the MSH staff.
- Organize extra-curricular activities (e.g. guided educational or recreational visits) for the students of the partnering schools.
- Participate in administrative tasks and give support in other tasks as requested.
- Ensure the correct representation of MySmallHelp Peru with the beneficiaries, schools, local authorities, and key partners.
- There might be events on some nights or weekends, depending on project’s needs.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Certified English Teacher of any institution or a completed Bachelor’s Degree in education, with specialty in the English language.
- One year of work experience in teaching English, minimum.
- Advanced level of written and spoken English. Native in English is a plus.
- Intermediate level of written and spoken Spanish, minimum.
- Proactive, reliable, charismatic, organized and willing to help wherever needed.
- Strong interest and experience working with children and/or people with disabilities.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to adapt to different settings and respect people from different backgrounds (economic/cultural/linguistic).
We offer you:
- Benefits: accomodation at the MSH Volunteer House, plus transportation expenses (from the house to the schools, and back).
- A great opportunity to work in a family-like environment, and in a region known for its strong community relations and beautiful sceneries.
- The opportunity to support and contribute to achieve positive impacts in our beneficiaries’ lives and the local community.
How to apply
Please send your RESUME, COVER LETTER in English and the copies of relevant DIPLOMAS to the e-mail: [email protected]
Subject: ENGLISH TEACHER – (name)
Contact person: Jessica Sanchez, Director of MiPequeñaAyuda – MySmallHelp Perú.
If you have any queries, please contact us by email.