We are currently looking for a teacher for our English project 2020. If you’re interested in this position, please read the requirements and follow the instructions below on how to apply.
Closing date: February 15th, 2020 Start of the mission: ASAP
*If a potential candidate meets the requirements, closing date could be shortened.
|Name of the Organization:||MiPequeñaAyuda – MySmallHelp Peru|
|Job Location:||Ollantaytambo, Cusco, Peru|
|Reports to:||Director / Project Coordinator|
|10 -12 months
Full time position
|Organization’s overview and mission:||MiPequeñaAyuda – MySmallHelp Peru is a non-profit organization founded in 2011. Our mission is to support children and young adults with disabilities or low economic resources in the Cusco region by providing them access to basic education, health care and skills training as well as developing medium and long-term sustainable projects to improve their chances of having a brighter future.|
We are currently looking for an English Teacher to be in charge of our English Classes and to provide support in the different educational projects of the organization.
- Preparation of the annual syllabus for all classes, periodically reviewing it.
- Teach basic English to students in elementary level, in two rural schools and within the community.
- Design and prepare the materials for all the classes and activities.
- Responsible for the logistics, the purchases of the material needed, and the appropriate care of the equipments.
- Prepare the periodical evaluations of the students.
- Coordinate with the MSH volunteers and guide them when supporting the English classes.
- Coordinate with the school’s teachers and directors regarding the development of the students and everything related to the performances of the classes.
- Support other activities of the organization including the ones with the MSH beneficiaries, related to education.
- Provide periodical reports to the MSH staff on all the tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Organize extra-curricular activities (e.g. guided educational or recreational visits) for the students of the partnering schools.
- Participate in administrative tasks and give support in other tasks as requested.
- Ensure the correct representation of MySmallHelp Peru with the beneficiaries, schools, local authorities, and key partners.
- There might be events on some nights or weekends, depending on the project’s needs.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, with a specialty in the English language or a certified English teacher of any institution (desirable but not mandatory).
- One year of work experience in teaching English, minimum.
- Advanced level of written and spoken English. Native in English is a plus.
- Intermediate level of written and spoken Spanish, minimum.
- Proactive, reliable, charismatic, organized and willing to help wherever needed.
- Strong interest and experience working with children and/or people with disabilities.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to adapt to different settings and respect people from different backgrounds (economic/cultural/linguistic).
We offer you
- Benefits: accommodation at the MSH Volunteer House, plus transportation expenses (from the house to the schools, and back).
- A great opportunity to work in a family-like environment, and in a region known for its strong community relations and beautiful sceneries.
- The opportunity to support and contribute to achieve positive impacts in our beneficiaries’ lives and the local community.
How to apply
Please send your resume (“RESUME – NAME”) and cover letter in English or Spanish (“Cover letter – NAME”), and the copies of the relevant diplomas (“Diploma – NAME”) to the e-mail: [email protected]
Subject: ENGLISH TEACHER – (NAME)
Contact person: Jessica Sánchez, Director of MiPequeñaAyuda – MySmallHelp Perú.
Please submit all documents of your application with your name and if you have any queries, please contact us by email.